on Monday, February 15, 2010

I am in a business where the action takes place in the very remote locations around the globe. It’s the huge refineries, rigs, drills etc which carry the charm of this business. Sitting here in Bangalore doing technical consultancy is only a support to this business and hence comes the natural urge to go to fields, see the work I am doing in real action.
Anyway that was just a background for what I want to say. I have been in the past 6-7 months asked the question w.r.t. my mobility towards travel. I have always expressed myself as mobile without constraints. And then comes the next question as to what are my marriage plans because definitely that in their opinion will restrict me.

I don’t have any definite answer to the last one. But I do have a dilemma!!
Is it being a female engineer that post marriage life is taken as an obstacle to frequent or long travel?
Or is it being a female engineer in India?
Or does the same questions goes to my male colleagues too?

0 comments: