on Tuesday, July 11, 2006

As my new sem will be soon starting I am still remembering the May 9th,you must be wondering that it must be an occasion of special importance,yeah it was special in its own way.It was the day I faced the most terrified exam of my life,my Mass Transfer Major....a two hour paper(thats the scheduled time)and with 1 question of 50 marks and this paper was to my shock carried 50% weightage of the entire sem.Well what was more shaking was that I didnt knew the whereabouts of the problem to even a certain degree to be able to solve it(almost the entire chem dept was in the same plight....leave the 3-5 exceptions) because it was the question which wasn't expected at all,because it takes 3-4 hrs to solve it and the prof also said that programming is the only way to solve it and we took his word and left such kinda even in tuts.But here we forgot the most important thing,he was WALIA,one of the most stud and equally terrifying profs(due to his papers only)of the dept.He twisted the problem suct that it could be solved in the right time,you just know the method but that was the most ignorant thing in my mind.I was actually laughing on my plight,all the sincerity my parents boasted of me was looking just in vain.I did all I could do to solve it but I knew I was not even near the solution.I was sweating not due to heat of May but due to nervousness.I was terrified of my grade in the most important core of the dept.I submitted the paper and came out.Whatever I wrote was enough to flunk me or atleast a D grade was sure.I was not at ease.It was the last major and I was much more excited about majors getting over before this one.I couldnt sleep,couldnt rest at peace.I remember when I told Mom about it,she just asked was it an esaay type question n i said "no mom,it was a chemical numerical based on a single method taught very well". But then all my worries swept away when inspite of spoiling my 50% marks I got a 80%grading,i think he didnt took the majors into account or whatever.Even now I was laughing at the TEST WALIA put us into.His shocking surprises was only heard of but now I practically realised.I still very well remember the most shocking test of my life,my heartbeats ,n my dumb mind.

0 comments: