on Friday, July 06, 2007

As if I care

This one line always fascinates me a lot , and I feel like running towards it to incorporate it in my life. I sometimes feel a strong urge to say
“As if I care, as if I ever cared, as if I will ever”,
or leaving the past tense ,
”As if I care, as if I will ever”.
But the real struggle comes when I have to find such a thing. It’s amazingly difficult for me to trace out a single thing which can fit in these three or two lines with honesty at 100%.When things cross a level of frustration in my life, my mind drifts to these lines, and I start trying my hands again. Believe me feeling such or trying to feel the lack of care attitude is amazing. If you are down , it can control your tears , at least for some time I can assure because for me it does . But sadly till date it has been momentarily only, I try and set myself aloof from situation I want to ,accept it as it is and experience a lot comfort by not giving any damn to it. But all this kinda feeling melts after sometime. I again start thinking about making things better, searching for a little hope to correct all wrong. I again start thinking about life around me, about everything be it from things close to me to all crap also.
I am not keeping well since past few days and yesterday only being too down with fever I was just lying down in my bed and didn’t even wanted to look at the phone and I did that for few hours. And again this careless attitude was enchanting but alas as always it was again in it’s time domain only. After some time I received a call from a close friend of mine, chatted and cracked all kind of funny jokes with him and I started feeling better, that crazy fantasy of ignoring things flew away, after that I talked on phone with others also even though my head was heavy with dozes of sleepy medicines. I feel lucky to have people who understand me a lot and sad for people who might have been the same (be it in a very small measure only) had things didn’t happened the way the happened. I again start trying my crazy ignoring tricks on the treasures I have lost but even there too it doesn’t work for long.
“There are some footsteps which can never be blown away by the wind ,no matter how strong it is.”
And my road is filled with them. They can get faded but that can’t be called ignorance.
It’s not the evil spirit of me that you might be thinking of, it’s just something that drive my nerves, after all trying new things always gives a new taste. What say!!

5 comments:

Phoenix said...

There's this wonderful quote in Calvin n Hobbes:
“It's not denial. I'm just selective about the reality I accept.”
That's exactly what you're going through...trying to live in denial, because that's easy and comforting and getting frustrated because you really can't. Choose one side and you'd be happier in the long run. If you care, accept it and care. If you don't, don't think you actually 'should be' caring. And for heavens' sake stop crying. It doesn't help.
I know what u r trying to do waise...that's what I do each time I'm low..I shut everybody out, get back to myself, stay in my shell till i'm strong enough n over everything. I dont think u shd do that. Be yourself.
After every night there's a dawn.

Also remember these two lines:
1. Hope is the denial of reality.But it works.
2. Delay is the deadliest form of denial.

varrach11 said...

You think way too much!!

neha said...

@phoenix
m nt doing anythin dear
it's jus a thought nothing else

even i wonder wat all i write at times!!
so don worry sweetheart!!:):)

Abhimanyu said...

wish it was so easy to ignore stuff ....
but the very fact that one thinks that
I DONT CARE
is that i care ....

its just abt man being a social being ... its caring which gets the pleasures and problems ...

Siddharth Sharma said...

it is perfectly correct to care. however, it is real hard to care in the right manner.

its sad that we mistake being anxious or sad as caring. i don't think that can be called caring. to care in my opinion is to pay attention to all facts and to act correctly. to care is to accept all facts just the way they are and to work "with" them.

and that , in my opinion is perfectly doable all the time. no negative emotion can be called "caring" in my opinion.

there would be no grief or anxiety if we "care" very intensely about everything we do and think of.