on Monday, July 09, 2007

Just got up after having a good sleep on Saturday morning to compensate for less than normal sleep during the weekdays, I opened my mailbox and saw a mail form North Western University about their new research and it was shocking. They, after a 3 yr long research, find out that sleep cannot be compensated or covered up by sleeping more on a particular day. Thus if we are toiling for 5 weekdays with 3-4 hrs sleep per day with a hope that there is a weekend ahead ,we are definitely living in a make believe world. Scientists there also said that the power nap of half an hour or so that we are normally so fond does not add anyway to our efficiency. A normal sleeping schedule is a must and nothing can replace for it, if we are playing with it, we are definitely sending an invite to hell lot of cardiovascular diseases. I can find myself comparing and contrasting the words of my Grandma ,”Mere bachche ,jab tak dhang se neend nhi poori karoge, koi kaam kaise dhang se poora karoge” and the night out schedule that I and most of the people of my genre live upon. Is the American schedule of toiling endlessly for four and a half days a week and a longer weekend better or the Indian one of working for six days a week ?

1 comments:

varrach11 said...

The Indian work schedule wins hands down!!