on Thursday, July 26, 2007

My mom had a very good friend since a long time. She died a year back due to blood cancer. She always had a particular affection towards me , may be because she didn’t had a girl child of her own. She used to bring gifts for me on my birthdays or when ever I used to get good marks. Today mom handed over to me an envelope with some cash in it and said that her husband visited mom dad on the day of my birthday(2 months back, when I was not at home) and asked to deliver them it to me so that I can buy myself a present of my like. Things rolled back in front of my eyes. She died a death with last years full of agony and pain. Every moment took life from her. And her own children stopped taking sufficient care of her when doctors told that she may not live for long now. She always sacrificed her own happiness for the sake of a better future of her children. Only uncle was with her, for him she was life and hope for life. And today he stands alone with her love still alive ,he doesn’t like to live with his sons because of the indifferent attitude they showed towards their parents when they needed them the most. Aunty was a great person , great at heart which was one reason I used to like her a lot. I feel sad for both of them because both could not live life the way they wanted.

Life is like that only. We should never sacrifice little joys and small moments that life keeps offering in the midst of tensions of future, after all who has seen future, so that whenever an end comes , we can at least depart life with contentment of having lived fully whatever it could offer.

3 comments:

varrach11 said...

If it were that easy to ignore the future life wud have been great. But the fact of the matter is that its not!!

Phoenix said...

touching indeed. Life is little moments, little joys.

for an instant i imagined loving your children, as their mother's friend. :)

neha said...

@varrach11
who says to ignore it!?


@phoenix
sahi sahi :)
lucky them;)